The Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy has been conducting the Global Philanthropy Tracker study every two years to measure the flow of charitable giving across countries. The Beautiful Foundation became a partner in the project in 2019 to provide information on Korea’s cross-border giving.
This report was written jointly by The Center on Philanthropy at The Beautiful Foundation and Dr. Sung-Ju Kim, assistant professor of social work at North Carolina State University.
For the full report of the 2020 Global Philanthropy Tracker, please go to https://globalindices.iupui.edu/tracker/index.html
* The data for this report were provided by Korea NGO Council for Overseas Development Cooperation (KCOC) and GuideStar Korea.
- The philanthropic giving environment in South Korea
- Information on philanthropic giving in South Korea, including the amounts, sources, and uses of domestic philanthropic contributions
- New forms of philanthropy
- Future trends in the philanthropic landscape
- Key recommendations to improve the environment for philanthropy